This is Part IV in the podcast series on communicating with different personality styles.
In this episode, I share with you how to work and communicate effectively with ‘The Analyzer’ and ‘The Supporter’. If you missed Parts I, II and III, click below to listen:
What does The Analyzer look like?
- Task and process driven, perfectionist, loves details
- Tend to have serious, thoughtful face, as they are usually deep in thought
- Speaks quietly and doesn’t show much emotion
- Focuses on tasks and results, rather than relationships
- Doesn’t make a lot of small talk. Tends to be quite guarded and won’t share much about themselves unless they really trust you
- Analysers can be: engineers, research scientists, accountants or auditors, technicians programmers, any role that requires precision, details or numbers.
- Analysers in leadership positions can often be difficult to work with, as they tend to micro manage – they strive for perfection, so they end up doing all the work themselves and find it hard to delegate.
What does The Supporter look like?
- Big on relationships – is more interested in how other people are doing than themselves
- Wants everyone to get along and to keep the peace
- Works well in a team
- Strives to keep the peace; doesn’t like conflict
- Open, kind face. Makes good eye contact, and very good at listening
- Very patient, courteous and friendly
- Will tend to ask about you first before talking about themselves
- Photos of family and friends on their desks
- Gets flustered by pushy, aggressive behaviour
- Doesn’t like risk. Certainty and stability is very important to them.
- You may see supporters in roles such as: social worker, community service, personal assistant or secretary, customer service, teacher, family doctor or nurse
Listen to the episode to find out:
- Why it’s important you learn to communicate with an Analyzer and Supporter
- How to present to them – to keep them engaged and get them on board with your ideas
- How to approach them and ask them questions
- How to respond to questions from them
- …plus more!
- Colour Code Personality Test
- Dove, Owl, Peacock, Eagle (DOPE) test
- How To Fascinate Test (slightly different to what we’ve been talking about, but still really useful. Use code ‘schoolofgreatness’ to get it free)
- Mastering the Personality Matrix (A great podcast interview by Lewis Howes & Chris Lee)