This is Part III in the podcast series on communicating with different personality styles.
In this episode, I share with you how to work and communicate effectively with ‘The Socializer’: the ‘big ideas’, energetic, relationships-focused person. If you missed Parts I and II, click below to listen:
The Socializer is also known as the ‘peacock’, the ‘influencer’, the ‘promoter’ or the ‘yellow’ personality style.
What do they look like?
- You’ll often find socialisers in public relations, entertainment, MC or host positions, in sales and teaching. Many visionary entrepreneurs are socialisers – Richard Branson being a key example.
- You’ll most likely find socialisers talking to people, whether at work or out and about at events, and barely at their desks
- They’re most likely running late for meetings, often due to be held up talking to someone
- Work and life blend together, so they have no problem having colleagues who are friends and friends who are colleagues
- They make good eye contact, will often be very expressive with their face, often smiley
- They tend to walk with a bounce in their step, always aware of the people around them, and always checking out who they should say hi to.
- They take pride in their appearance, like to wear something that is a bit different or stands out
- Focuses on relationships, rather than tasks
- LOVES making small talk, and especially talking about themselves
- Their emails and text messages read the same way they speak, and are peppered with exclamation marks and smiley faces
Things you need to know about them:
- They have a very short attention span. They get bored easily if something presented to them isn’t fun or exciting
- Rapport always comes first before results
Listen to the episode to find out:
- Why it’s important you learn to communicate with a Socializer
- How to present to them – to keep them engaged and get them on board with your ideas
- How to approach them and ask them questions
- How to respond to questions from them
- …plus more!