Do you ever feel like you’re not speaking, behaving or even living in way that’s truly authentic to who you are?
It could be as simple as ordering the spaghetti when you really actually wanted a steak. It could be not speaking up in a work meeting when you had a burning desire to. Or, it could be that you’re on a career trajectory that doesn’t fulfil you.
When I find myself hesitating to do something or if I feel uneasy about something, often times it’s because it’s not authentic to me. And when I hear a podcast or see a video of someone who I feel is not being authentic, I just can’t be a fan, no matter how popular the show is.
Authenticity is a very strong value of mine, which is why I am so excited to introduce you to my guest this week, Laura Coe.
Laura is a life changing coach, author and host of The Art of Authenticity podcast. Before she became a coach, she co-founded Litholink Corporation, a healthcare company serving over 350,000 patients per month nationally. When Litholink sold to a Fortune 500 company, she left corporate America to pursue lifelong passions.
Even while working in corporate healthcare, Laura always specialised in breaking down complex concepts for to make them easy to digest, understand, and apply. Now she channels that unique skill into “translating” philosophy and ancient wisdom – breaking down monumental, life-changing wisdom in a way that everyone can apply to their own lives.
In this episode you will discover:
- Why living authentically is SO important to your overall happiness and life satisfaction
- How you can tell if something’s not authentic to you
- Laura’s journey to discover what was truly authentic to her
- How to listen to yourself and be more self aware
- How to speak your truth
- Laura’s thoughts on ‘imposter syndrome’
- The importance of celebrating your wins, no matter how small
Connect with Laura:
- Visit her website
- Figure out your ’emotional weight’
- Check out her podcast The Art of Authenticity
- Read her book ‘Emotional Obesity’