This week’s episode is all about how to plan your presentation for maximum success.
If you want to feel more confident and prepared, if you want to have more of an impact on your audience and get the results you want, then I highly recommend you listen to this episode.
On the podcast, I mention my Speech & Presentation Writing Template, which I use to help me plan and prepare ALL my presentations.
I’ve made it available as a free download for you to follow along with the episode. I find this template extremely useful (well, that’s why I created it!), so I highly recommend you download it.
Steps to planning your presentation:
- Identify your audience. Who will be listening?
- What’s the #1 key takeaway for the audience?
- Where? How many people? When?
- Do a brain dump of everything you want to share
- Remove the fluff
- Organise the remaining stuff into 3-5 key points
- Brainstorm a few possible titles
This episode is Part 1 in the Public Speaking ‘Mini Course’. Click the links below to listen to Parts 2, 3 and 4. Also, I recommend you download my free Speech Writing Template, which will help you follow along and thoroughly guide you through the process of planning and writing your speech/presentation.
- Part 2: How to write a compelling speech or presentation
- Part 3: How to manage your fear, nerves and anxiety around public speaking
- Part 4: Engaging Your Audience
- Want more? Register for the ‘Overcome Public Speaking Anxiety’ course