What are you like at handling rejection?
Are you ok with it? Or do you avoid situations that could potentially lead to rejection at all costs?
In this episode, I get very personal, and share a story about how I put myself out there for someone…and how it didn’t exactly go to plan.
BUT it did teach me a lot about myself.
I hope that this episode inspires you to take on your own comfort challenge, and to shift your mindset from “Oh that’s scary I’m afraid of what might happen” to “Oh that’s scary – but I need to do it because it will make me a better human.”
And you want to be a better human, right?
Listen in to find out more.
Stuff I mention:
- 100 days of rejection therapy by Jia Jiang
- Mark Mandon’s blog post – The Confidence Conundrum
- Video: Picking up girls in a Lamborghini – without talking
- Also thanks to Gary_A_K for his lovely iTunes review!
Your challenge this week:
- Pick one area of your life where you feel you lack confidence. Maybe it’s in your job, or dating, or public speaking.
- Think about what you would consider a ‘fail’ or a ‘rejection’ in that area. Maybe a fail would be not getting that promotion, or having a girl say ‘no’ to a date, or stumbling over your words.
- Then take that thing, and accept that it might happen. Learn to be OK with it.
- Think about – what’s the worst that could happen? Are you going to die? Probably not. And you’re still the same awesome person afterwords. You’re still you. No one can take that away from you.