Your career IS your business. If you think a company’s going to hold on to you because they’re just nice people, that ain’t gonna happen.
Please welcome personal branding expert, author and my good friend, Andrew Ford of Social Star to the podcast this week!
Did you know I’ve had clients approach me and want to work with me simply from looking at my LinkedIn profile? This is what Andrew calls “attraction marketing” – drawing people TO you through your strong personal brand, instead of having to chase them.
Through his personal branding company Social Star, Andrew helps people look good online so they can be found by the right people.
Listen to the episode to discover WHY it’s important you build your personal brand right now, HOW to go about doing it.
Notes from the episode:
What is a personal brand?
- Why you – yes you – should be thinking about yourself as a brand
How people form opinions of you before they even meet you
- How you can use this to your advantage to make people want to get to know you (and potential hire you!) before you’ve met them in person!
- Andrew’s advice for people who don’t like the idea of ‘selling yourself’ (Hint: “It’s not about self promotion, it’s about being present and there.”)
- What is ‘attraction marketing’? (And how to use it to make people come to YOU, rather than going out there and selling yourself.)
- How creativity will differentiate you and get you noticed – it’s not the quantity of stuff you put out there, it’s the quality.
Why you should create a personal website with your name and photo
- How to choose which social media platform to use for your personal brand
Where the job market today is going, and why you need to be managing your own career by having a strong personal brand
What to do if you’re feeling a bit shy about self promotion
- …plus much more!
Connect with Andrew:
- Websites: http://www.andrewford.com.au/ and http://www.socialstar.com.au/
- Send him a tweet: https://twitter.com/SirFord
- Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sirford…or just Google him.