Want to know how top professionals function at such a high level?
They get high level training, of course!
But according to my guest this week, many successful individuals hit a ‘wall’ at 80% of their true capabilities, and need that extra little push to take them from ‘good to great’.
And that’s where Wendy Grenfell and her team come in. Wendy is the founder and CEO of Elgin Hall, a business school with a “finishing school philosophy”.
She and her team focus on helping talented, high level professionals to “bring it all together” and take them to 100% of their full capabilities – much like a coach takes talented athletes to the elite level. Pretty cool, right?
In this conversation, Wendy and I talk about:
- What it takes to be an exceptional professional
- Why the concept of ‘finishing school’ (like the June Dally Watkins Finishing School) still has relevance today
- Why effective communication is critical to your success as a leader
- Why successful individuals ‘stop’ at 80%: “If you don’t look at your inner game and what’s inside, then you will stop at 80%, you will continue to sabotage…and you won’t go any further.”
- How you know when you’ve hit that 80% wall
- How the Thomas Gordon parenting model relates to communication in all relationships
- Why you need to practice having ‘uncomfortable conversations’
- …plus much more!
Connect with Wendy:
- Visit the Elgin Hall site and blog
- Interested in her training? Contact her at wendya[at]elginhall.com.au
- Connect with her on LinkedIn