Do you want to connect to your colleagues, clients and audiences on a deeper level?
Sharing stories is a powerful way to do so – and not just any story – YOUR personal story.
In this episode, speaker and author Dr Kristen Guillory joins us to discuss why personal stories are a critical element in your communication toolkit, why YOUR message needs to be heard, and how to bring more of your true self to your speaking.
Dr. Guillory is a true force of nature! She has spoken over 800 times to over 60,000 people in Fortune 500 Companies, Universities, School Districts and more, across the USA and Colombia. She is a renowned speaker coach who has coached celebrities, educators, mothers, CEOs and more.
When she speaks, she connects at the heart level, using humour, storytelling, and transparency to take her audience and clients on a journey.
In this episode, you will discover:
- How Dr Kristen (accidentally) began her speaking career
- Why she didn’t think she had a story worth sharing
- Why it’s important to let people see the REAL part of you
- What it means to “show a story, rather than telling it”
- How to craft a compelling personal story
- Why we’re all human FIRST
- Why we are afraid of sharing ourselves with others
- A good speaker will give you permission to BE – and will CONNECT and HONOUR the audience.
- How to bring more storytelling to your workplace
Connect with Dr Kristen:
- Learn more about her on her website
- Connect with her on LinkedIn
- Say hi on Twitter
- Follow her on Instagram and Facebook