Networking at conferences can be fun and rewarding, but it can also be draining and stressful – even for a raging extrovert like me.
Join Kimberly Rich from The Bold Life Movement and I in a conversation about what we learned from an intense 3 days of networking at Podcast Movement 2016.
We talk about what we did to keep ourselves energised, how we supported each other as networking buddies, and what we did to strike up conversations with people, amongst other networking survival strategies.
Make sure you also check out Kim’s podcast The Bold Life Movement!
Kim also revealed she’s recently had an article published on the Huffington Post – which was way outside her comfort zone. Go girl! Check out the article here: Coercion or consent – why it’s never too late to say no to sex.
Topics we cover:
- Is meeting new people draining or energising?
- Why taking breaks is so important
- Why conferences need a “no talking zone”
- Perks of staying at the hotel – mini escapes are good for the soul
- Importance of having a networking buddy
- Is approaching people at conferences easy?
- How to warm up your conversation skills
- Importance of tapping into meetups or “unconferencing” activities