Sometimes our most powerful marketing tools are right next to us — in our closest networks.
My guest this week is Alvin Cooney, who has been working in Relationship Marketing for the past 17 years. He runs Referral Marketing Programs with Asentiv, a global company that trains business owners to use the power of strong relationships and referrals to gain new clients and grow their businesses.
Note: this is NOT a podcast about networking. It is about relationship-building.
I met Alvin when he was speaking at (ironically) a networking event. I found what he shared to be eye opening. I implemented what he shared, and got great results from it — yes, I am proof that it does work! So, I asked Alvin if he would be so kind to join me on the podcast and share it with you too.
This podcast is for you if you are a business owner and want to grow your business and create new clients, or you’re looking for new opportunities, BUT you dislike the idea of ‘networking’, or you’ve tried other marketing strategies and they haven’t worked for you.
Alvin and I talk about:
- What is referral marketing and how it’s different to networking
- Why it’s such a powerful marketing strategy
- How to build strong relationships with people who will be your champions and refer to you to others (your ‘referral partner’)
- How to communicate what referrals you’re looking for
- Why your must be specific with your ask
- Alvin’s top 3 networking tips (yes, for when you do happen to find yourself at a networking event and want to make the most of it!)
Connect with Alvin:
- Learn more about what Asentiv does here
- Connect with Alvin on LinkedIn
- Email him directly: alvinc[at]asentiv.com