This week I learn how to sing in public.
In preparation for my upcoming busking challenge (that is, to perform on the streets of Melbourne with my ukulele), I enlisted the help of my friend, professional musician and singing teacher Caity Fowler.
Caity has been a musician for years in the band Playwrite, and has recently launched her solo act, Spriit.
She is also a yoga teacher in training, which means she brings a very holistic, calming approach to her teaching, which you will hear in the episode.
Caity shares a lot of tips that you can use when you’re speaking in public, not just singing!
In this episode you will discover:
- How to breathe properly to calm your nerves
- How the way we feel when we speak or sing affects the way we feel in general
- How to loosen up your jaw, throat and mouth
- Why you should practice ‘drunk’ singing (and listen to us demonstrate!)
- My ‘before’ and ‘after’ singing performance – hear the difference!
Also check out:
- Caity’s solo act ‘Spriit’ on Facebook
- Spriit on Instagram
- Connect with Caity: spriit.music[at]gmail[dot]com
- Caity’s band ‘Playwrite’