Do you lack confidence with striking up conversations?
Communication skills expert and serial conversationalist Andrew Lovick is here to help.
I met Andrew (@Lovicksandiego) at Social Media Marketing World 2014 in San Diego, and was blown away by his energy, generosity and natural ability to really engage with people in conversation. I just HAD to get him on the show!
In this episode, Andrew and I talk about why it’s so important to practice approaching people, and what you can do to make it much less awkward.
You will also discover:
- Why there is a stigma behind talking to and approaching strangers
- What’s the worst that could happen if we do get ‘rejected’?
- Why we should practice approaching people, and how it can help you when looking for a job!
- Andrew’s tips on how to not appear creepy when approaching someone for the first time!
- Simple tips for starting a conversation with a stranger
- Why we should be building HUMAN face to face connections – and how it can help you stand out from the crowd
- What do to if you don’t feel you’re ‘clicking’ with someone and the conversation is stalling
- Why sporting matches are a great place to practice your communication skills
- …and much more!