Ever had a break up with a best friend?
I have, and it was one of the most emotional, confusing and soul-searching experiences of my life. Why? According to my guest this week, it’s partly because we’re not taught how to deal with friendship break ups! There’s couple’s counselling, family counselling…but where on earth is ‘friendship counselling’??
This is why I’m so excited for you to join Dr Sharon Livingston from The Livingston Group for Marketing and I in a conversation about the best ways to deal with losing a good friend. We discuss the benefits of befriending oneself, having time to heal and most importantly, letting go.
Sharon is an expert on the topic, being the author of “Get Lost Girlfriend: How I Found Myself When My Best Friend Dumped Me“, a best seller in the Grief and Loss category on Amazon. Coupled with her PhD. in Psychology, she shares soul searching advice on how to deal with toxic relationships and eventually bring out the best in oneself.
In this conversation we talk about:
- How to deal with a lost friendship so it does not hold you back
- The best ways to gain confidence and naturally attract new friends
- Ways to spend time with yourself and to open up to your emotions
- How holding in negativity can cause harm to oneself
- How befriending yourself can influence your life
- To know when to end a relationship
- Plus much more!